Invest more time in your content
It was already clear from 2016 that search engines focus on the actual content rather than its optimization.
Here is some tips to help provide a positive impact on your SEO rankings.
- There’s no need to spend more time on the optimization if your content is not appealing enough for your audience.
- Monitor the keywords, the site’s stats, the levels of engagement on each topic and find what users really expect from your page.
- Think of new ideas to expand your content, or even to invest in evergreen content, and make sure you think like a reader, rather than a search engine.
- Are the topics and the structure appealing to your target audience?
- Remember, the combination of seamless user experience with quality content can have a very positive impact on your SEO rankings.
Keep your online footprint up-to-date
- Your online presence goes way beyond your site.
- The problem is that we tend to forget how our online footprint may extend to all the different platforms we may try out at some point and then abandon.
- It’s certainly a great idea to experiment with new platforms to promote your presence, but make sure you keep them up-to-date even if you stop using them.
- Let’s say you have a Google+ page, but you’re not using it anymore (or you tend to forget to share your content there). Are the details accurate to help users find more about your business?
- Here’s a new task for your calendar in 2017, create a spreadsheet that monitors your online presence and check once a month that the information is up-to-date.
You never know how useful this may turn out to be!
Mobile Friendliness is Paramount
A 2016 report published by Hitwise proclaimed that US mobile search accounts for approximately 58% of overall search query volume, meaning that a large majority of online searches are now being done on people’s smartphones and tablets, instead of from desktops/laptops.
Remove Items that Slow Your Website’s Load
One item that Google has become increasingly concerned with is the issue of page load times, which makes sense, because offering high quality, user-friendly websites within its search results helps provide the best possible experience for its users.