You’re starting a website for the business or redesigning the current website, that is great, every business needs a website. Now the question comes do it yourself or hire a professional?
There are so many tools out there to get your business online, these tools include Wix, SquareSpace, website builders from GoDaddy and the list goes on. Still even though they are website builders and most of the time, it is just drag and drop, think about other aspects of designing the website.
So the big question I am asked a lot is Website Builder vs Web Designer, Whenever I get asked this question, I weigh in on the Pros and Cons for both. Sometimes the budget may only allow for a website builder, that is fine, it gives you a chance to build your online users and as business grows the website gets an overhaul.
So lets start with the Pros and Cons of a Website Builder
- Can get the website online quicker
- Cost is a lot less than a web designer
- Drag and Drop
- Lack of proper SEO
- Monitor and fix user and mobile experience
- Create lead generation strategies
- Keyword research and targeting
- Title optimization
- Local schema
- Title optimization
- Image optimization
- Meta description optimization
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager integrations
- Sitemap creation
- Submit website to the major search engines.
Why hire a Web Designer? (Besides Professional Design, of Course)
A great web designer will take the time to understand your business. This is important to help your business standout above your competition. By working with a web designer, your layout is designed to fit the information that makes your business standout, not fit into a cookie cutter template.
- Unique website designed for your business (not the niche)
- Built for SEO
- ADA Compliant
- Proper Hierarchy
- Person you can talk to
- One-time fee for building website (maintenance additional cost)
- More expensive
- Takes longer to build
- If doing maintenance yourself, will have to learn software
Just some other information about having a website designed by a professional, use Local SEO to their advantage, helping your site achieve rank. When working with a web designer, they can also put together a lead generation plan or other digital strategy to help grow your business.